This blog won't impress the professionals. That's ok. It's for people like me who just want a quick necklace or bracelet for themselves, or for a pressie. Usually in a hurry.



Sunday 17 October 2010

Some new beads.

I had a little trip to Hobbycraft the other day. and bought some beads and toggles.I can't believe how expensive this stuff has become. I used to make jewellery about 6 years ago when we had " The Bead Shop" of Manchester fame here in Chester. It closed down and my heart turned towards paper and card.
These few bits cost just over £17. I've been looking at finished jewellery for sale on the American Etsy site. There's finished necklaces for a fiver!! We couldn't get the raw materials here for that much,lol. I don't know how long i'll be able to keep this blog up for as my main hobby is papercrafts. The worst thing that will happen is that i'll combine the two and have a few bead posts on my card blog.Until then i still need to make loads of Christmas pressies,so i'll be here for a while.   Back soon to show what i've made with this paltry amount of stash.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. Beads have become really expensive. It seems ridiculous that you can buy a whole necklace for less than the price of the beads to make it yourself with sometimes!

    I post bead discount codes online - because I like a bargain! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.